Christian Church: What it Means?

Christian Church: What it Means

Christian Church - At its root, the word "church" means a "called-out group." In the New Testament of the Bible, the term is used in two specific ways: (1) a local church or single organized group of Christians and (2) the universal church or body of Christ. The universal church is made up of all believers in Christ, from the day of Pentecost in Acts to the end-times of Revelation. The local church is a visible and temporal representation of the universal church.

Velankanni

Welcome to Vailankanni (Velankanni) Our lady of Good Health, popularly called "Our Lady of Vailankanni" is in the small town of Vailankanni (5000 residents) located on the shores of the Bay of Bengal. It is located 150 miles south of Madras in Tamil Nadu and 5 miles south of Nagapattinam. Our lady chose this place to dispense her miracles to mankind. A strong oral tradition attests to Our Lady’s apparitions at Vailankanni(Velankanni). The tradition is built around the following three significant events: MORE.............

St. Alphonsa

Prayer of St. Alphonsa O Lord Jesus, hide me in the wound of your sacred heart. Free me from my desire to be loved and esteemed. Guard me from my evil attempts to win fame and honor. Make me humble till I become a small spark in the flame of love in your Sacred Heart. Grant me the grace to forget myself and all worldly things. Jesus, sweet beyond words, convert all worldly consolations into bitterness for me. O my Jesus, Sun of Justice, enlighten my intellect and mind with your sacred rays. Purify my heart, consume me with burning love for you, and make me one with you. MORE.............

Malayattoor

Malayattoor Malayattoor is a village in the North Eastern corner of Ernakulam District in the state of Kerala in South India. The name ‘Malayattoor’ is an amalgamation of three small words. Mala (Mountain) Arr (River) Oore (Place). This is to say, Malayattoor is a meeting place of mountain, river, and land. MORE.............